In order to eliminate the mold in your home, you first need to eliminate the underlying cause. To do this, find out how and where moisture is seeping into your home and take the steps towards dealing with it accordingly.
When you find mold, if the affected area isn’t too large, you can probably handle the on your own. If it’s a large area, covering ten square feet or more, you should consider hiring a professional mold specialist in Portland OR. At MoldEaters, we deal with mold removal on a regular basis we know how to get rid of it.
Here are some frequent causes of mold growth in your home:
- Construction defects + poor workmanship
- Crawl space
- Firewood indoors
- Basement flooding and water intrusion
- Closeness to lake, river, or ocean
- Clothes dryer exhausting into walls or attic
- Lot grading downward to home
- Wet clothes drying indoors on clothes line
- Sewage pipe leaks
- Siding water leaks
- Water supply pipe leaks
- Indoor plants
- Overflow from tubs, showers, sinks, & toilets
- Landscaping mistakes like mulch & plant glut
- Leaky roof
- Wooded setting keeps out sun
- High indoor humidity [60%+]
- Humidifiers & vaporizers
- Inadequate ventilation
- Venting inadequacies in kitchen & bathrooms
- Wet clothes
It can seem very discouraging when you find mold within your home, but it will be ok! With the right professionals and a good action plan, you can get your home back to normal!
If you have any questions about the mold within your home, click here and contact MoldEaters today!
Click here to read more about how mold can affect your life.