If you own a business, it is likely that you have much more to worry about than the mold that could be growing in your HVAC system. This is why it is important for you to know that you can count on us at MoldEaters to keep the air that you and your employees are breathing clean and healthy.
Besides reaching out to a professional, here are 5 simple ways to prevent excessive mold growth in your business HVAC system:
1. Consider performing regular cleanings and maintenance on your HVAC system to keep the mold at bay. Pay close attention to leaks and damp spots, since moisture is the perfect breeding ground for mold.
2. Try taking the time to install proper drainage for the heating and cooling units that your business uses to reduce the collection of water. Providing customers and employees with an area to “dry-off” at the entrance with mats and floor drains can be very helpful.
3. Consider the idea of investing in dehumidifiers, fans, and space heaters to help dry up damp spots or leaks. Using smart thermostats and humidity control systems can also assist you in maintaining the ideal temperature to keep humidity levels where they need to be.
4. Try to use proper insulation in the pipes, ceilings and walls, while paying close attention to the ground level and underground systems. It can also be beneficial to ensure that the sealants or caulking are up to par.
5. Consider avoiding opening your windows and doors when possible to keep the inside from getting damp or musty. This is especially true when the weather is dusty or humid. Making an effort to pay extra attention to cleaning and maintenance for entrances, loading docks and other exposed spaces can also reduce mold growth.
If you have any mold related questions or are concerned that you have mold in Portland OR, click here. Contacting MoldEaters at the first sign of a problem can help you get back to doing what you do best, running your business.