Mold is Important For the Environment, but Bad For Your Home, Your Portland OR Mold Removal Company Can Help

Mold plays an important role in the breakdown of organic material in our ecosystem. It requires water to grow, but it is a fungus instead of a plant.  This means that it can grow in areas without sunlight. If there is a leak of moisture within your home, the wood, water, paper, dust, and all other organic material is all a great source of sustenance for the mold. Airborne spores are released as the mold colony continues to grow, and this mold can attach to anything else within your home and start a colony of its own.

mold-portland-or-slide3

Molds are tough, they are good at fighting to survive.

In some cases, the mold within your home may be producing dangerous toxins as a defense mechanism. Toxic gases and spores may grow when the mold is disturbed within its environment. Changes in temperature or humidity may be the culprit to this evolvement. In some cases there can be high levels of toxic spores in the air even when no visible signs or odors are present. Some of the most dangerous varieties of mold found in homes are:

  • Aspergillus
  • Basidiospore
  • Curvularia
  • 
Ascospore
  • Penicillium
  • Stachybotrys
  • 
Cladosporium

Symptoms of mold toxicity include:

  • Respiratory ailments
  • Sinus problems
  • Rashes
  • Headaches
  • Itchy eyes
  • Burning eyes
  • Allergies
  • Memory loss
  • Dizziness
  • Flu like symptoms
  • Hair loss
  • Fatigue

People who are most susceptible to the effects of mold are; the elderly, children, and people with immune sensitivities. 

If you or someone in your family is suffering from any of the symptoms of mold reactions, or if you notice visible mold growth, consider having your home inspected by a reputable Portland Oregon mold removal company.

Click here to find out how MoldEaters can solve your mold problems cleanly and safely, with minimal disruption to your home and life. Call us at 1.866.926.MOLD (1.866.926.6653).