Now that spring is here and the weather is getting better, we may encounter some April showers. This rain is expected in the Vancouver area, but can sometimes lead to mold issues within your home. Fixing mold damage can be expensive and time consuming.
Today, we would like to offer 5 tips for preventing mold that can save you both time and money:
- Eliminate Clutter: Clutter can block the airflow in your home and prevent circulation.
- Control Indoor Climate: Mold problems are most common during hot, humid summers, when you find yourself regularly adjusting
the AC temperature. It might give you some instant relief to adjust it, but the fluctuating temperatures are the perfect breeding ground for mold. To prevent moisture problems and maximize your energy efficiency, pick a temp and stick with it.
- Shut Windows and Doors When AC Is On: Leaving doors and windows open can welcome mold spores into your home.
- Properly Size Your AC Unit: Ensure that your AC unit is the proper size for your house.
- Monitor Humidity: You can purchase an indoor monitor that can assist you in checking these levels. More humidity means more moisture, which can lead to mold.
There are many other things that you can do to ensure that mold stays out of your home. One extremely effective step is to contact an experienced and reliable mold removal specialist in Vancouver WA. Click here to read about our services at MoldEaters today.