Watch Out for These Symptoms of Toxic Black Mold in Portland OR

img_9115Our last blog discussed the risks of toxic black mold. At MoldEaters, we want our customers to be aware of how dangerous it can be. Today we will be sharing a few symptoms to watch out for.

Pay attention to these symptoms, especially if you suspect that there is toxic black mold in your home:

Physical discomfort and tiredness: Toxic black mold can cause your immune system to release sedative called Chloral Hydrate. This sedative is used to slow down the effect of the fungi. As a result, you might find yourself feeling tired, dizzy, and weak. Chronic fatigue, headaches, nausea, chest pain, fever, vomiting, and diarrhea may also be related to toxic black mold exposure.

Allergies: Like with other types of indoor mold, toxic black mold can lead to allergic reactions. It is important to remember that allergies are just the body’s response to the external particles.

Respiratory problems: One of the most common health problems of black mold is a respiratory response. You might experience difficulty breathing, chronic coughing, asthma, sore throat, wheezing, runny or stuffy nose. The spores have even been known to creep into the sinuses and the lungs, resulting in serious breathing problems and bleeding in the lungs.

Neurological symptoms: Trichothecene mycotoxins can actually kill the neurons in the brain and impair your mental ability. This might lead to nervous disorders and mood swings. A few other symptoms of a neurological problem caused by black mold include; confusion, disorientation, slowed orientation, brain fog, seizure, anxiety, and depression.

Remember, if you are worried about the mold growing in your home, it is important to have it checked out as soon as possible.  Your health and your home will thank you!

Click here to view some resources that can help you keep your home safe and clean.